Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Project

Well, okay, it really took 2 weekends, but that was because I could only work on it one day each weekend.  For awhile I've been wanting to clean up a small hillside in my side yard.  It had become difficult to maintain, even though I would usually plant some vegetables in it each year.  So with the help of my friend, Jim, I took to the task of putting in low terraces.  I originally hoped it would only take one day to complete (despite all the skeptical looks from others).  But as is typical for home projects, the first day took 3 different trips to the hardware store alone.  Fortunately the second day of work went more smoothly since we actually knew what we were doing.  It was a lot of work, but I'm really happy with the result.  I was especially proud since I calculated just the right amount of building material to use.

before any work

the end of the first day of work



the final product.  i relocated some ornamental grasses to the back and planted some squash on the back tier.
i still haven't decided what to put in the bottom tier.






1 comment:

  1. very nice - I wish I had the energy to do the same with my hillside.

    ReplyDelete